Gut health and probiotics are becoming increasingly more important to maintain our overall health and well-being. Below are five great health benefits of eating fermented food!
As we all become more educated about our bodies and how different parts of our bodies can affect our overall health, it’s important to look at our gut health and the foods we eat to improve that. Fermented foods are a great way to improve gut health, and are becoming increasingly more popular.
- Fermented Foods Help To Improve Gut Health And Microbiota Balance – Gut health is an important predictor of your body’s overall health. If you aren’t digesting the food you eat correctly, it doesn’t matter how healthy your diet is! When eating fermented foods such as sauerkraut, kombucha, kimchi, yoghurt, and raw cheese, good bacteria or beneficial probiotics enter your digestive system.
- Fermented Foods And Diabetes Risk – Fermented foods contain lacto-fermented carbohydrate, which makes them pre-digested. This makes them much less taxing to the pancreas, which controls your blood sugar levels, and your overall digestive system.
- Fermented Foods Increase Resistance To Harmful Bacteria – When you consume fermented foods it can lead to increased antimicrobial activity inside the gut. This helps to stimulate the immune system and leads to the production of beneficial microbes.
- Fermented Foods Can Help Improve Your Mental Health – By eating more fermented foods, you can improve your overall diet and health. This can lead to reduced stress and anxiety levels. With less stress and anxiety, your overall mental health will improve along with your physical health. Thereby giving you a feeling of harmony and balance.
- Lower Risk Of Obesity – If you’re eating healthier foods, and more fermented foods, your overall digestive health will be much better. Your body will be better equipped to process foods correctly, leading to better health and lower weight.
By simply adding some healthy fermented foods into your diet, you could see some great health benefits!