Thinking of getting healthier after the holidays? Here’s 5 great reasons why detoxing could work for you!
With hundreds of different detoxing programs available, you could be forgiven for not knowing which detoxing diet is going to get you the results you’re looking for. Everyone seems to have their own little tricks and tips to making their detoxing program just a little bit more effective. The first step is to simply start. Below are five great reasons why detoxing could benefit you.
- Removing toxins from food, drinks and other products – We can’t always control the toxins which we are exposed to environmentally, but we can help control the toxins which we consume through foods, drinks and the products we use. Simply by buying organic fruits and vegetables, you’re reducing the toxins you absorb every day. It’s also important to look at the products you’re using around the home and on yourself. By replacing chemical products with natural alternatives, you’ll lessen the amount of toxins in your house and body.
- More energy throughout the day – When you start detoxing it can make you feel tired, but don’t worry, soon you’ll be feeling more energised than ever! It’s important to remember to stay hydrated during any detox. Keep your fluids up to help avoid anxiety, mood swings, and headaches.
- Long term changes to your eating and drinking habits – Ultimately, detoxing should lead towards better long-term food and drink choices. You want your detox to be the foundation for building healthier lifestyle choices for the future.
- Help control cravings – Cravings often stem from hormonal imbalances. A good detox can help get you and your body back on track and restore the balance in your life. Controlling binge eating and weight gain will help keep your body and mind healthier.
- Kick those food addictions – Just like other addictions such as drugs and alcohol, we can get addicted to food and the feelings it gives us. You may think it’s just comfort food, but during stressful times look at the kinds of foods your brain is telling you to reach for. Detoxing can help reset those unhealthy food addictions.