Extra Virgin Coconut oil has a tropical coconut aroma and is one of the best natural plant sources of fats around, and here at Absolute Organic, it is one of our favourite products.
Did you know?
• Coconut Oil became famous on the internet as a good oil to moisturise and grow hair.
• Coconut palms grow in two varieties; tall and dwarf. Tall trees produce fruit after 6 to 10 years of being planted.
• Coconut palms are known as the “tree of life” in Philippines as every part of the plant can be used.
• Coconut oil has powerful antimicrobial and antifungal properties due to its high lauric acid
Our Extra Virgin Coconut Oil is produced from matured coconuts sourced from the palm trees. Each coconut is first husked, shelled and the white kernel separated by removing the brown outer layer/skin. This white kernel is washed twice over and then grated into small particles using a special cutter.
These cuttings are then passed through conveyors (those kinds of “treadmills” that transports materials) directly to the dryers and heated at a maximum temperature of 40°C for a period of approximately 30 minutes. After this process the coconut cuttings are placed on cooling tables until they reach room temperature.
The coconut pieces are then put through Cold Pressed Expellers to extract the oil from the cuttings.
After the oil is extracted, it is sent through a series of filters. After the filtering process, the oil is sent into a holding tank which in turn gets pumped into a stock tank and is ready for filling into labelled jars and packing into cartons.
Our quality control is consistently checking both in-house and outside lab testing to make sure the Coconut Oil we offer have always the best quality.
Serving suggestions & Uses
Coconut Oil is an excellent cooking and frying oil for high temperature cooking. It has a smoke point of about 180°C. Due to its stability it is slow to oxidise and thus resistant to rancidity.
• When cooking, frying or baking, simply replace your usual oil with the same quantity of Extra Virgin Coconut Oil. It has a light coconut flavour so it tastes great in recipes such as cookies, muffins, pancakes, stews and stir-fries.
• You can also add a tablespoon of Extra Virgin Coconut Oil to your morning coffee or latte, making the drink an energy booster.
• Coconut Oil is also an excellent make-up remover and might offer numerous benefits to your skin. To remove make-up, simply liquify the oil in your hands and gently rub onto face. After clean, rinse with warm water and dry.
Organic x Conventional
Organic Coconut Oil comes from organic coconuts, which means they are grown in a natural way, free of pesticides and additives. The organic certification also assures that no chemicals are added before, during or after the extraction process.