This is going to be your next favourite morning drink that will make you fly out of bed to make a warming cup! If you wish you can add a little strong coffee to the mix, but you can omit it if you prefer, especially for the kids.
When making the drink for more than one person, adjust the recipe accordingly.
TIP Try adding a couple of crushed cardamom seeds and a dash of cayenne powder for a spicier version.
- 1 cup of Absolute Organic coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup strong coffee (optional)
- 1–2 heaped tbsp Absolute Organic cacao powder
- Absolute Organic Coconut sugar or Australian honey (to taste)
- Cinnamon powder (to taste)
- 1 tsp chia oil
- Place the coconut milk and coffee in a small pan on medium heat and just heat through. Turn off the heat, but leave the pan on the burner. Do not boil.
- Whisk in the cacao powder and cinnamon and add desired amount sweetener and stir well to combine. Check for sweetness and add a little more if needed. If you desire a more chocolaty flavour, add a little more cacao powder and stir.
- Remove from heat and stir in chia oil and serve immediately with a little swirl of coconut milk and a dash of cinnamon powder and/or raw cacao powder.