This recipe turns out into a deliciously moist and lightly spiced cake, where you will taste the cinnamon, ginger and banana in a perfect combination of flavours.
Ginger & Banana Cake
Published on May 25, 2020 | By Absolute Organic |
- (0 /5)
- 0 ratings
- 8 pieces of Absolute Organic Ginger in syrup
- 1/2 cup syrup from the Ginger in syrup
- 3 medium ripe bananas, roughly smashed
- 2 eggs or egg replacement ready
- 1/4 cup avocado oil
- 1/2 cup of your favourite milk
- 1/2 cup Almond Meal
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup of Absolute Organic Buckwheat Flour
- 1/2 cup raisins or/and sultanas
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- Using a food processor or a blender, blend the ginger pieces with the syrup into a cream with little chunks of ginger.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl and add in the bananas, eggs, oil and milk. Stir until combined.
- Add in the almond meal, cinnamon and buckwheat flour and stir until combined.
- Blend in the sultanas and the baking powder.
- Pour the mixture in a lined baking tray, sprinkle some extra cinnamon on top and bake if for 45 minutes at 180°C. Enjoy with a cup of tea or your favourite coffee.