This recipe is simply delicious, it can be enjoyed warm with a dollop of cream or cold with a cup of hot tea. For this recipe we have used a rectangular tray 20 x 30cm.
- 6 egg whites
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 cup of Absolute Organic Coconut Sugar
- 1 cup of wholemeal flour
- 1 cup of Absolute Organic almond meal
- 240ml of warm skim milk
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ cup of Absolute Organic desiccated coconut
- 1 cup of Absolute Organic coconut milk for topping
- 1 cup of milk for topping
- ½ can of condensed milk for topping
- 100g desiccated coconut for topping
- Beat the egg whites with half sugar until it gets to a whipped creamy consistency
- Add in the rest of the sugar and beat more
- Add the egg yolks, one by one, and beat more
- Add the flour and almond meal, salt, baking powder, warm milk and desiccated coconut and stir until well combined
- Put mixture into tray lined with baking paper and bake in a pre-heated oven for 40 minutes in 180°C
- In a saucepan, mix the milk, the coconut milk and condensed milk and take it to the stove to warm it up.
- Once the cake is ready, using a fork make holes on it to allow the sauce to penetrate the cake
- Pour the milk mixture on the top of the cake and finish sprinkling the desiccated coconut on top
- Allow it to cool in the fridge wrapped in a damp ringed out tea towel to avoid it getting dry and enjoy!