This simple pasta sauce incorporates lentil as a plant-based protein to replace minced meat and compose this vibrant nutritious vegetarian pasta.
Vegan Lentil Pasta Sauce
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- Your favourite pasta
- 1 chopped Organic Brown Onion
- 2 chopped Organic Garlic cloves
- 1 chopped Organic Carrot
- 1 chopped Organic Capsicum
- 1 chopped Organic Zucchini
- 1 tin Absolute Organic Lentils
- 1 tin Absolute Organic Diced Tomatoes
- 1 jar Absolute Organic Passata
- 1 tablespoon of mixed herbs
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Absolute Organic Coconut Oil for frying
- Cook pasta according to packaging instructions.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan. Sauté onion and garlic until onion becomes soft.
- Add carrot and mixed herbs and sauté again for a few minutes.
- Add capsicum, zucchini, lentils, diced tomatoes and passata then simmer for about 15 minutes until mixture thickens.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix lentil pasta sauce in with your pasta and serve immediately.