“This marinade is delicious and adds great flavour to seafood. It’s super easy to make and only takes a few minutes to put together and is the perfect dish for entertaining. I love it and many of my clients love it too! When I’m pressed for time, sometimes I will bake the fish fillets in the marinade. It makes a lovely presentation for dinner parties also.” Chef Kate.
NOTE Whenever possible, we recommend using wild-caught and sustainable seafood when possible. This dish is also great served cold the next day over salad greens.
TIP To bake the fish, place boneless, skinless fillets in a baking dish and pour the marinade over the fish. Cover the baking dish with baking paper, then tightly cover with foil and bake in a 180°C oven for approx. 8–10 minutes. Then uncover and bake approx. 3–4 minutes longer until the fish is cooked through.
- 4 salmon or white fish fillets (skin and bones removed)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (for cooking)
- 1⁄4 cup Absolute Organic Original Tamari Sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Australian honey
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 1 tbsp grated ginger (to taste—optional)
- 1⁄4 tsp garlic powder (optional)
- 1 tbsp finely chopped spring onions
- coriander and/or parsley leaves
- sesame seeds (optional)
- Rinse the fish under cool running water, pat dry with paper towels and set aside in the refrigerator while you prepare the other ingredients.
- Place the marinade ingredients in a small bowl and mix to combine. Set aside.
- Take the fish out of the refrigerator and heat the coconut oil in a medium to large frying pan with a lid, on medium/high heat. Place the fillets in the pan and cook for approx. 3 minutes on one side, then carefully turn over and pour the marinade evenly over them.
- Reduce the heat to medium/low, cover with the lid and continue cooking for approx. 3–5 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove frying pan from heat. Place the salmon on plates or a serving platter.
- Pour remaining sauce over salmon, sprinkle with coriander and/or parsley leaves and sesame seeds, leaves. Serve immediately.