Winter is not over in Australia yet! These days have been pretty cold here in Sydney and there is nothing better to warm up than a delicious & nutritious soup, right?
Easy to make and full of flavour, we hope you like it!
- 1 large Brown Onion – chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves – chopped
- 1kg Carrots – diced
- 1-2cm piece of Ginger – thinly sliced
- Half bunch of fresh Coriander – stems washed and chopped, leaves saved for garnish
- 1 teaspoon Absolute Organic Turmeric Powder
- 1 teaspoon Absolute Organic Chilli Powder
- 1 cup Absolute Organic Split Red Lentils - washed
- 400ml Absolute Organic Coconut Cream
- 2 tablespoons Absolute Organic Coconut Oil
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt (depending on taste)
- 4 cups Vegetable Stock or Water
- Lime wedges to garnish
- In a large saucepan on medium heat, cook the onion in the coconut oil until onion has softened.
- Next add the ginger, garlic, turmeric powder, chilli powder and coriander stems and cook for a few minutes until fragrant.
- Next add the carrot, lentils and stock/water and bring to a boil. Then cover and simmer for about 20 minutes until carrot has cooked.
- Once cooked use a blender to puree the soup.
- Return soup to the stove and add the coconut cream. Heat through but do not boil. Add salt to taste.
- Serve into bowls with a swirl of coconut cream, a lime wedge and coriander leaves to garnish.
- Recipe Type : Dinner