As much as we hate to see them go, it’s time for the kids to head back to school. So, what things do you need to organize? Here are five great tips to make this year get off to a great start.
Fun as it is to have the kids at home all day, it’s time to start getting them ready to back to school for another year. In the following article, we are going to cover some of the things which you’ll need to get organized to make the transition from school holidays to school as smooth and simple as possible!
1. Don’t wait until the last minute to organize all the school uniforms and textbooks. If you don’t want to miss out on uniforms and sizes that you need, make sure that you get there early. Same for textbooks, there is nothing worse than trying to track down a text book days before school starts.
2. If you don’t need to purchase new school bags, then make sure that you give the old ones a good clean out! Throw them in the washing machine if possible.
3. Get those school shoes out from under the bed and give them a good going over with the shoe polish. To get the most out of expensive school shoes, it’s important to take good care of them all year round.
4. Getting the kids into a healthy routine is important. Leading up to the week before school starts you need to ensure that you dial back the bedtimes and get them off to the right start. They might not have any bedtime yet, but perhaps an hour of quite a time of an afternoon to read a book is a good way to get them into the homework routine.
5. Start looking for some healthy and delicious lunch recipes! Kids need fuel to keep them going strong throughout the day, so instead of sugar-fueled food, try healthy alternatives that will help young bodies and minds grow strong! Raw fruit and vegetables are also a great option, some examples are one portion of fruit and nuts, carrots or celery sticks with hummus, sweet tomatoes with dips, cheese with fruit, etc.
If you enjoyed the article, be sure to share it for all those parents and carers out there who are in the process of getting kids back to school!