This recipe has such a rich combination of textures, with the soft apples, the crunchy oats and the caramel-like prunes, yumm! If you like apples and granola, you will definitely love it. Doesn’t take too long to prepare – the longest part is to cut the apples, and it makes a good breakfast or dessert.
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 900g Organic Cooking Apples
- 2 Lemons, juiced
- 1/2 cup Absolute Organic Honey
- 2 teaspoons Absolute Organic Cinnamon
- 3/4 cup Absolute Organic Rice Flour
- 2 cups Absolute Organic Oats
- 1/2 cup Absolute Organic Coconut Sugar
- 2/3 cup Absolute Organic Salted Butter, warm
- 1/2 cup Absolute Organic Prunes pitted and halves
- Grease baking dish using extra butter.
- Thinly slice the apples, then arrange them into a baking dish.
- Top apples with lemon juice, honey and cinnamon. Preheat oven to 190 degrees celsius.
- In a large bowl using clean hands, mix together flour, oats, sugar, and the lightly melted butter until mixture resembles bread crumbs.
- Blend in the prunes pieces.
- Spread the mixture over apples in the pie dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes until apples are tender and crust has browned.