A simple, quick and delicious Italian meal packed with nutritional goodness! Best served with fresh pasta, salad or as a dip with crackers. Enjoy!
Caramelised Onion & Garlic Pomodoro Sauce
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 5ml Absolute Organic basil & extra virgin olive oil spray
- 1 finely chopped red onion
- 2 finely chopped cloves of garlic
- fresh chopped basil
- 5 roma tomatoes
- 1 tsp Absolute Organic passata sauce
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- cracked sea salt & cracked pepper
- Spray oil into the pan on a low heat.
- Add the onions and garlic with a pinch of salt and cracked pepper.
- Stir altogether and add another spray of oil as the onions begin to caramelise.
- Continue stirring the mixture for 10-12 minutes until its completely caramelised (golden brown).
- Add in the chopped tomatoes, fresh basil, passata sauce and balsamic vinegar. Place the lid on top of the pan and let the sauce simmer for 15-20 minutes. Stir every 2-3 minutes.