This recipe was created by our lovely chef Kate McAloon and is on her beautiful book “The flavour of joy” (Click here to know more). Her words about this Chocolate Coconut Pot de Creme:
Chocolate Coconut Pot with Caramel Sauce
- Prep Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 1 bag (350g) Absolute Organic chocolate chips
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3⁄4 cup Absolute Organic Australian honey or maple syrup (to taste)
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence (optional)
- A tiny pinch of sea salt (to taste)
- CARAMEL SAUCE
- 1⁄2 cup butter or coconut oil
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1⁄4 cup Absolute Organic coconut cream
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Pinch of salt (add more for a salted caramel flavour, but not too much)
- Melt the chocolate in low-heat stirring all the time. When melted, move the pan with the melted chocolate to another bowl with warm water to maintain its temperature.
- Add the rest of the ingredients of the cream to the chocolate and gently mix. The mixture should be like very thick hot chocolate. You may need to add just a little more coconut milk to get it to this consistency.
- Spoon or pour the chocolate mixture into little ramekins or small bowls. Loosely cover with baking paper and chill until set for about 3 hours or overnight.
- CARAMEL SAUCE
- Place the butter in a medium saucepan over medium/high heat and start to melt.
- Whisk in the coconut sugar and continue stirring until the coconut sugar has melted and is starting to bubble. Be careful not to burn.
- Add the cream or coconut cream, vanilla and salt and continue whisking in low-heat until combined and the sauce thickens a little. This should take a couple of minutes.
- Spoon the Coconut Caramel Sauce over the top of the Chocolate Pot de Crème previously made and chill. You can also serve with fresh berries or orange slices.