This recipe was created by our lovely chef Kate McAloon and is on her beautiful book “The flavour of joy” (Click here to know more). Her words about this Chocolate Coconut Pot de Creme:
Chocolate Coconut Pot with Caramel Sauce
- Prep Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 1 bag (350g) Absolute Organic chocolate chips
- 1 can coconut milk
- 3⁄4 cup Absolute Organic Australian honey or maple syrup (to taste)
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla essence (optional)
- A tiny pinch of sea salt (to taste)
- CARAMEL SAUCE
- 1⁄2 cup butter or coconut oil
- 1 cup coconut sugar
- 1⁄4 cup Absolute Organic coconut cream
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Pinch of salt (add more for a salted caramel flavour, but not too much)
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler. When melted, completely remove from heat, but leave the pan with the melted chocolate in the warm water. You can also melt the chocolate in a Thermo
- Mix and add the rest of the ingredients and gently mix.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and stir well to combine. Check to see if it is sweet enough and add more sweetener if desired and stir well. The mixture should be like very thick hot chocolate. You may need to add just a little more coconut milk to get it to this consistency.
- Spoon or pour the chocolate mixture into little ramekins, small bowls, or heat-proof glasses (shot glasses). Loosely cover with baking paper and chill until set for about 3 hours or overnight. You can also put straight into the freezer to chill and set quicker.
- Spoon the Coconut Caramel Sauce, if using, over the top of the Chocolate Pot de Crème and chill. You can also serve with fresh berries or orange slices.
- CARAMEL SAUCE
- Prep all the ingredients so they are ready to use before you start the sauce.
- Place the butter in a medium saucepan over medium/high heat and start to melt. Then whisk in the coconut sugar.
- Continue whisking until the coconut sugar has melted and is starting to bubble. Be careful not to burn. Add the cream or coconut cream, vanilla and salt and continue whisking until combined and the sauce thickens a little. This should take a couple of minutes. **If the sauce gets close to bubbling over remove from heat and then return to heat and continue to cooking while whisking.
- Remove from heat. The sauce is now ready to enjoy, or you can keep refrigerated for up to 1 week or freeze for 1 month—but it never lasts that long in my home or clients’ homes!
This Meatless Veganballs recipe is just unbelievable of how good and similar...Recipe by Absolute Organic |
This colourful salad recipe is simply refreshing and delicious, easy to make...Recipe by Absolute Organic |
“As a child born in France with a Spanish background, I used...Recipe by absolute |