This treat is quick and easy to create and will last you all week as the perfect afternoon (or morning) snack!
Coconut Jam Slice
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 150 grams plain unbleached flour
- 1 tbsp cacao powder
- 65 grams Absolute Organic desiccated coconut
- 125 grams Absolute Organic unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup Absolute Organic cane sugar
- MIDDLE LAYER:
- 1 cup raspberry (or your favourite) jam
- TOP LAYER:
- 5 teaspoons of flaxseed meal mixed with 7 tablespoons of water
- 180 grams Absolute Organic shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp Absolute Organic maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- To make the topping: add the flaxseed meal and water together in a bowl. Mix together and leave aside for 5 minutes until the flaxseed has fully absorbed the water.
- Add the maple syrup and shredded coconut to the flaxseed mixture.
- To make the base: mix the flour and cacao powder in a bowl. Add all the remaining BASE ingredients and mix well until combined. Press the mixture in a lined tin until a flat base layer forms. Place in the oven for 15 minutes until slightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for a few minutes.
- Spread the raspberry jam on top. Then layer the TOP LAYER mixture on top of the jam.
- Place back in the oven for a further 20 minutes until golden brown and crispy.
A recipe that is sure to please absolutely everyone who likes chocolate....
These skewers are simple to prepare, nutritious, delicious and look beautiful and...
This recipe is just perfect for kids, pool parties, barbecues, entrée and...
This tomato base curry recipe is Vegan/DF/GF and it tastes DE-LI-CI-OUS! Prep...
It’s a quite simple preparation. We don’t have advanced cooking skills, what...
Delicious and full of flavour and nutrients, the combination of the vegetables...
This treat is quick and easy to create and will last you...
Do you love adding cheese to every meal as much as we...