This treat is quick and easy to create and will last you all week as the perfect afternoon (or morning) snack!
Coconut Jam Slice
Published on January 30, 2020 | By Absolute Organic |
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 150 grams plain unbleached flour
- 1 tbsp of Absolute Organic Cacao Powder
- 65 grams of Absolute Organic Desiccated Coconut
- 125 grams of Absolute Organic unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup of Absolute Organic Cane Sugar
- MIDDLE LAYER:
- 1 cup raspberry (or your favourite) jam
- TOP LAYER:
- 5 teaspoons of flaxseed meal mixed with 7 tablespoons of water
- 180 grams of Absolute Organic Shredded Coconut
- 2 tbsp of Absolute Organic Maple Syrup
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius.
- To make the topping: add the flaxseed meal and water together in a bowl. Mix together and leave aside for 5 minutes until the flaxseed has fully absorbed the water.
- Add the maple syrup and shredded coconut to the flaxseed mixture.
- To make the base: mix the flour and cacao powder in a bowl. Add all the remaining BASE ingredients and mix well until combined. Press the mixture in a lined tin until a flat base layer forms. Place in the oven for 15 minutes until slightly golden.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool for a few minutes.
- Spread the raspberry jam on top. Then layer the TOP LAYER mixture on top of the jam.
- Place back in the oven for a further 20 minutes until golden brown and crispy.