Honey & Walnut Cake with Honey Cream Cheese Frosting
Published on March 28, 2017 | By Absolute Organic |
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 3/4 cup Absolute Organic Walnuts
- 1 1/2 cups Absolute Organic Plain Flour, sifted
- 1 cup Absolute Organic Honey
- 1 cup Jolly Applesauce
- 3 Fraser Coast Organic Eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon Bi-Carb Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 1/2 teaspoon Absolute Organic Cinnamon
- Absolute Organic Coconut Oil for pan
- 1/2 cup Absolute Organic Honey
- 250g Kingland Soy Cream Cheese
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius. Coat cake tin with coconut oil and set aside.
- Spread walnuts on baking paper and toast until fragrant, about 5 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool. Once cooled roughly chop walnuts in food processor and set them aside.
- Blend honey and applesauce in food processor. Next add eggs and blend again until fully combined. Next add sifted flour, bi-carb soda, salt and cinnamon and blend again until all ingredients are well combined.
- Add chopped walnuts to mixture and gently pulse into mixture.
- Pour batter into cake tin and cook until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into centre comes out clean, about 55 minutes. Once cake has cooked transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely.
- In a food processor blend together cream cheese and honey.
- Ice cake with frosting and decorate as desired. We used edible flowers on top.
To understand the level of crunchiness of these chips of kale, the...Recipe by absolute |
These Apple Chips are perfect for an evening snack, especially if you...Recipe by Absolute Organic |
This recipe turns out into a deliciously moist and lightly spiced cake,...Recipe by Absolute Organic |