This tomato base curry recipe is Vegan/DF/GF and it tastes DE-LI-CI-OUS! Prep is not a big deal and the dish just turns out so flavoursome, full of aroma.
Lentil & Chick Peas Curry
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 1 tablespoon of Absolute Organic Coconut Oil
- ½ onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic, finely diced
- 1½ teaspoons turmeric powder
- 1 cup of Absolute Organic Passata Sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon of chilli powder (to taste)
- ½ jar of Absolute Organic Lentils
- ½ jar of Absolute Organic Chickpeas
- 2 cups of vegetable stock
- 1 can of Absolute Organic Coconut milk
- 1 punnet of fresh cherry tomatoes, halves
- Place the onion and garlic pieces in a small pan with a drizzle of coconut oil to caramelise for 5-8 minutes until translucent and golden brown.
- Add in the spices and mix the ingredients, cooking in medium heat for a couple of minutes.
- Add in passata sauce, lentils, chick peas, vegetable stock, coconut milk, and fresh cherry tomatoes. Stir together.
- Bring to a boil and lower heat until the curry is simmering. Cook for about 30 minutes.
- Serve with cooked buckwheat kernels, your favourite bread or rice and enjoy!