This Meatless Veganballs recipe is just unbelievable of how good and similar to regular meatball texture it gets! The entire bowl was gone in seconds! It does not taste like meat, but is delicious and more like a balanced mixture of spices, herbs and other ingredients.
Published on April 1, 2020 | By Absolute Organic |
- Prep Time
- Cook Time
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 12 portobello or cremini mushrooms, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of Absolute Organic Herb Infused EVOO with Garlic
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup walnuts or pecans
- 1 can of Absolute Organic Chickpeas , drained
- ½ cup of Absolute Natural nutritional yeast
- 3 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 2 small handfuls of parsley
- ½ green capsicum, diced
- 1 tablespoon of Absolute Organic Coconut Aminos Vinaigrette
- 2 tablespoons of Absolute Organic Coconut Flour
- Start by soaking the chia seeds in half cup of water for about 5 minutes until the seeds get a gelatinous consistency and absorbs all the water.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Sauté the mushrooms and the capsicum with the EVOO with garlic, the Coconut Aminos Vinaigrette until cooked through. Set aside.
- Using a food processor, blend the chia seeds, the mushrooms and all other ingredients together, except for the coconut flour.
- Add the coconut flour one tablespoon at a time, until it gets a dough texture. Note that you might need a bit more or less coconut flour.
- Mold the mixture into balls and arrange them on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake it for about 12-15 minutes until brown and crunchy.
- Serve with your favourite pasta, sandwich or just as a snack with any of our salsas.