Orange Blossom Cake
Published on September 11, 2017 | By Absolute Organic |
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 2 Whole Organic Oranges
- 3 Organic Eggs
- 125g Absolute Organic Date Syrup
- 2 cups Absolute Organic Almond Meal
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius. Line a cake tin (approx 20cm) with baking paper.
- Steam/boil oranges for one hour until soft. Drain and allow the oranges to cool.
- Once cooled, roughly chop oranges (including the skin) and remove seeds. Blend in food processor until smooth.
- Add eggs, date syrup and vanilla essence to the mix and blend again until smooth.
- Add almond meal and baking powder, then blend until all ingredients are well combined.
- Pour batter into cake tin and flatten the top by gently shaking the cake tin or using a spoon.
- Place in oven and cook for 45-55 minutes (depending on your oven) until cooked through and golden brown.
- Once cooked remove from oven and allow cake to cool before removing from cake tin.
- Enjoy this cake sprinkled with icing sugar, orange rind and/or topped with fresh orange slices and yoghurt.