Made with only 4 ingredients, this treat is perfect as a snack, dessert or with a cup of coffee.
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 1 cup Absolute Organic Honey
- 3/4 cup Absolute Organic Hulled Tahini
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla Essence
- Optional extras: nuts, dried fruit, cacao etc.
- Heat honey in a saucepan on medium heat until it is at “soft ball” stage (approx 115 degrees Celsius). To confirm this stage, drop a bit of the honey into a cup of cold water. It should form a sticky and soft ball that flattens when removed from the water.
- Have the tahini ready to heat in a separate small pot. Once honey is at the appropriate temperature, set the honey aside and heat tahini to approximately 48 degrees Celsius.
- Add the vanilla essence to the honey and any other additions (nuts etc.). Mix well.
- Add the warmed tahini to the honey and mix with a wooden spoon to combine. At first it will look separated but after a few minutes, the mixture will come together.
- Continue stirring until the mix starts to stiffen; it can take between 6-8 minutes. The less you stir, the stickier it will be! Pour mixture into a baking paper-lined pan or a pan with a removable bottom.
- Let cool to room temperature and wrap tightly with baking paper. Leave in refrigerator for up to 36 hours so sugar crystals can form.
- Remove from pan and cut into pieces with a sharp knife.
To understand the level of crunchiness of these chips of kale, the...Recipe by absolute |
These Apple Chips are perfect for an evening snack, especially if you...Recipe by Absolute Organic |
This recipe turns out into a deliciously moist and lightly spiced cake,...Recipe by Absolute Organic |