Tomato Tadka Curry
Published on May 29, 2017 | By Absolute Organic |
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 2 large Onions
- 4-5 medium fresh Garlic Cloves
- Fresh Ginger
- 2 small fresh Red or Green Chillies
- 4-5 Cloves
- 1 Star Anise
- 2-3 Bay Leaves
- 2 sticks Whole Cinnamon
- 2 tins Absolute Organic Diced Tomatoes
- 3 teaspoons Absolute Organic Turmeric Powder
- 3 teaspoons Garam Masala
- 2 teaspoons Ground Coriander
- 2 teaspoons Ground Cumin
- 1 large Carrot - chopped
- 3 small Potatoes - chopped
- 1/2 head Broccoli - chopped
- Absolute Organic Coconut Oil for cooking
- 450g Diced Beef (or Diced Tofu)
- Peel and finely dice both onions then set aside.
- Deseed and roughly chop the chillies. Peel the garlic and ginger (use roughly the same amount of both) and cut into small chunks. Place chillies, garlic and ginger into a blender and blend into a smooth paste.
- Put 2-3 tablespoons coconut oil into a large pot with cloves, star anise, bay leaves and cinnamon sticks. When the cloves begin to lightly crackle, add the onion and cook until onion becomes brown.
- Once onions are ready turn the heat down and add 2 teaspoons of the chilli, garlic and ginger paste and fry together for a few minutes.
- Add the meat or tofu, vegetables and remaining garlic paste and fry again for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Now add the diced tomatoes and spices, stirring in between adding each spice. First add the ground coriander, then the garam masala, next the cumin and finally the turmeric powder.
- Cover the pot so a small gap remains and allow the curry to simmer for 60-90 minutes on a low heat.
- Serve with rice, papadums or naan bread.
To understand the level of crunchiness of these chips of kale, the...Recipe by absolute |
These Apple Chips are perfect for an evening snack, especially if you...Recipe by Absolute Organic |
This recipe turns out into a deliciously moist and lightly spiced cake,...Recipe by Absolute Organic |