This traditional Middle Eastern favourite is a low-fat, vegan meal with a protein punch.
Vegan Falafel Kebabs
Published on November 27, 2016 | By Absolute Organic |
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- Ingredients Falafel:
- 1 ½ tins Absolute Organic Chickpeas
- 1 cup cooked Absolute Organic Quinoa
- 6 tablespoons Absolute Organic Olive Oil
- ¼ bunch Coriander
- ¼ bunch Parsley
- ¼ Red Onion
- ¼ clove Garlic
- ½ Lemon Juice
- ¼ tablespoon Ground Cumin
- ¼ tablespoon Ground Coriander
- ¼ tablespoon Absolute Organic Ground Turmeric
- 2 tablespoons Tapioca Flour
- Ingredients Coleslaw:
- 2 cups finely chopped Purple Cabbage
- 2 cups finely chopped Green Cabbage
- 2 cups shredded Carrot
- ¼ cup chopped Fresh Parsley
- Up to ¾ cup mixed Absolute Organic Pumpkin and Sunflower Kernels
- Ingredients Coleslaw Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons Absolute Organic Tahini
- 1 tablespoons Absolute Organic Mustard
- 2 tablespoons Absolute Organic Maple Syrup
- 2 tablespoons Absolute Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Water
- Fresh Cracked Pepper
- Extras: MEB Superfood Wraps and Mikes Real Food Hommus
- Make falafel balls: Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Pulse chickpeas in a blender to break them up (don’t turn into a paste) then set them aside.
- Blend parsley, fresh coriander, onion, garlic, olive oil and lemon juice.
- In a large bowl combine pulsed chickpeas, blended herbs, cooked quinoa, spices and tapioca flour using your hands – get messy! Add more tapioca flour if the mix isn’t holding together.
- Roll falafel into small circles. Place on a lined baking tray and gently flatten tops with a fork to create a patty shape.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes until lightly golden brown.
- Make coleslaw and dressing: In a bowl mix together purple and green cabbage, carrot and parsley.
- Toast kernels in a fry pan on medium heat stirring frequently or in the oven for a few minutes. Add toasted kernels into bowl.
- Mix all dressing ingredients together in a separate bowl or jar then pour over coleslaw salad.
- Assemble the kebab: Generously spread hommus onto wrap (or large lettuce or cabbage leaf for a gluten free option).
- Place falafel patties and coleslaw into each wrap or leaf and fold together. For a toasted option place kebab into a sandwich press for a few minutes.
To understand the level of crunchiness of these chips of kale, the...Recipe by absolute |
These Apple Chips are perfect for an evening snack, especially if you...Recipe by Absolute Organic |
This recipe turns out into a deliciously moist and lightly spiced cake,...Recipe by Absolute Organic |