These vegan cheesecake bites are perfect for an after-dinner treat with less calories.
Vegan Strawberry Cheesecake Bites
Published on November 25, 2016 | By Absolute Organic |
- Difficulty Level Advanced
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- Ingredients Crust:
- 1 cup Absolute Organic Pecans
- 6 large Absolute Organic Pitted Medjool Dates
- ¼ cup Absolute Organic Shredded Coconut
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- Ingredients Filling:
- 1 cup Absolute Organic Cashews (soaked for 3 hours)
- 1 ½ cups sliced frozen Strawberries
- ¼ cup Absolute Organic Agave Syrup
- ¼ cup melted Absolute Organic Coconut Oil
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice
- Make the crust: Soak dates in warm water for about 10 minutes.
- Drain the dates then blend all crust ingredients in a food processor until well combined and mixture is sticking together on its own.
- Press about 1 tablespoon of mixture into the bottom of each muffin cup and set aside. To avoid sticking you can line the bottoms with baking paper or use muffin cases.
- Make the filling: Drain and rinse cashews then blend them in a food processor with half the frozen strawberries, agave syrup, coconut oil and lemon juice. Make sure the mixture is well combined and smooth.
- Place filing into a bowl and set aside.
- Allow other half of frozen strawberries to thaw at room temperature then blend together to form a purée.
- Assemble cheesecakes: Place about 1 tablespoon of filling mixture on top of each cheesecake crust.
- Place a dollop of strawberry purée on top of filing and using a toothpick swirl the purée around to create a fun pattern.
- Freeze the cheesecakes for 1-2 hours until solid. Allow them to thaw for 10-15 minutes before serving.