This hearty vegetarian chilli con carne is full of protien & fibre. Perfect for a healthy, meat-free meal.
Vegetarian Con Carne
Published on November 24, 2016 | By Absolute Organic |
- Difficulty Level Easy
- (5 /5)
- 1 rating
- 2 Tins Absolute Organic Whole Tomatoes
- 1 Tin Absolute Organic Chickpeas
- 1 Tin Absolute Organic Red Kidney Beans
- 1 Tin Absolute Organic Cannellini Beans
- ½ - 1 Jar Absolute Organic Passata Sauce
- 1 Jar Absolute Organic Sweet Corn
- ½ - 1 tablespoon Absolute Organic Chilli Powder
- 1 chopped Brown Onion
- Crushed Garlic
- 1 Red or Green Capsicum
- Absolute Organic Brown Rice
- Salt and Pepper
- Cook enough brown rice to use as the base of this dish.
- Blend together whole tomatoes.
- Drain beans then rinse them under running water.
- Sauté onion, garlic and capsicum until onion becomes soft.
- Add beans, blended tomatoes, passata, chilli powder, salt and pepper to the pan. Simmer for about 20 minutes until mixture thickens.
- Once mixture has thickened mix in sweet corn.
- Put a serving of brown rice on a plate with con carne on top. Add favourite toppings and serve immediately. Guacamole, sour cream and cheese go perfectly with this dish.
This recipe turns out into a deliciously moist and lightly spiced cake,...Recipe by Absolute Organic |
This Indian inspired red curry not only has an aromatic and delicious...Recipe by absolute |
Aromatic, creamy and delicious, this recipe is the perfect accompaniment for curries,...Recipe by absolute |